genome,
I have got no idea as to what is going on as I don't know any board member nor any of the parents actively opposing the move. But I wish to make one more point, that is we must change our mindset now that we have reached this stage. It has been more than a month since the board passed the resolution. Really, the only effective way to stop the move is for the opposing parents to start a legal action against the school or the board. Of course, there are many things to consider before taking such a step. For example, the parents starting the legal action must consider the colossal costs involved. To be effective, they must also apply for an injunction in which case they may be required by the court to give personal indemnity against any losses. Furthermore, will the parents really be so determined to fight the case to the end especially when substantial legal costs will be mounting as the case progresses? Anyway, in my personal opinion, a far better way would be for the opposing parents to explore if there is a better school site available out there. Taking the Wanchai site as an example, as the board has said it so many times that there is no other option, we can't really rely on them to look into the matter. Furthermore, as there is a complete lack of trust on the board, I doubt if the opposing parents would accept any conclusion reached by the board anyway. It would be far better if the opposing parents can first do some preliminary investigation on the site themselves to see if it is workable. If it is, then they could proceed to discuss it with the board. My point is that since the board has passed a resolution, it would be failing its duty if it doesn't put its plan into action. It's no longer useful to dwell on the bad points about moving to MOS. They will make the move unless they are stopped legally or there is a better school site available. If neither happen, then we must decide whether we are going to transfer our kids elsewhere. For all those who decide to remain, we must try our best to make suggestions to and co-operate with the school in the hope that both the extent and the duration of the disruption will be minimised as much as possible. Sorry for being so longwinded, but I really believe that's the way to go forward from here.
I have got no idea as to what is going on as I don't know any board member nor any of the parents actively opposing the move. But I wish to make one more point, that is we must change our mindset now that we have reached this stage. It has been more than a month since the board passed the resolution. Really, the only effective way to stop the move is for the opposing parents to start a legal action against the school or the board. Of course, there are many things to consider before taking such a step. For example, the parents starting the legal action must consider the colossal costs involved. To be effective, they must also apply for an injunction in which case they may be required by the court to give personal indemnity against any losses. Furthermore, will the parents really be so determined to fight the case to the end especially when substantial legal costs will be mounting as the case progresses? Anyway, in my personal opinion, a far better way would be for the opposing parents to explore if there is a better school site available out there. Taking the Wanchai site as an example, as the board has said it so many times that there is no other option, we can't really rely on them to look into the matter. Furthermore, as there is a complete lack of trust on the board, I doubt if the opposing parents would accept any conclusion reached by the board anyway. It would be far better if the opposing parents can first do some preliminary investigation on the site themselves to see if it is workable. If it is, then they could proceed to discuss it with the board. My point is that since the board has passed a resolution, it would be failing its duty if it doesn't put its plan into action. It's no longer useful to dwell on the bad points about moving to MOS. They will make the move unless they are stopped legally or there is a better school site available. If neither happen, then we must decide whether we are going to transfer our kids elsewhere. For all those who decide to remain, we must try our best to make suggestions to and co-operate with the school in the hope that both the extent and the duration of the disruption will be minimised as much as possible. Sorry for being so longwinded, but I really believe that's the way to go forward from here.
Welcome back Happy Hour missed conversing with you.
Completely take you point re the driver and the bus. It is the driver that affects the transport just wanted to point out that with longer journey times you in affect increase the chance of incidents happening to our children.
You raise a good question re the working groups have you heard anything more on what the school is going to do? what they re thinking of? who can join and how much can parents contribute?
It seems as if we are in a period of limbo waiting for more clarity.
Re Wanchai have passed the information on to the relevant parties.