GSIS and Ma On Shan

Like you said, there is still a week. Be patient. If I were the board, I would take as much time as I have to think things through and not rush into a decision, whatever it is.

For you, regardless of what it is, it is not the right answer if they are not staying where they are so you want them to get it over with. For them, any compromises/changes made, it is considered a key decision. There is no reason for them to rush through a key decision.

It will come.
 
I agree. I am sure everybody is anxious to know what the Board's decision is. If the Board decides to scrap the MOS plan, parents perhaps would also like to know what it is planning to do next eg. what is to be done to alleviate the shortage of space problem etc. So it is not quite a simple "yes" or "no" question.

Like you said, there is still a week. Be patient. If I were the board, I would take as much time as I have to think things through and not rush into a decision, whatever it is.

For you, regardless of what it is, it is not the right answer if they are not staying where they are so you want them to get it over with. For them, any compromises/changes made, it is considered a key decision. There is no reason for them to rush through a key decision.

It will come.
 
Patience was never my strong point. I would be surprised though if they did not have some kind of backup plan. Would it not have been reckless to go in to this without one?
 
2 points:-
(1) The Board has all along been saying that MOS is "the only viable solution". If there had been another plan that works, MOS would not have been "the only viable solution".
(2) Even if there had always been a backup plan, they still wouldn't let you know too quickly because it goes counter to their claim. A delay also has another advantage. It gives the impression that they have taken a long time to consider the matters carefully. It's not a decision made rashly or lightly. By the way, I am not saying this is exactly what they are doing. I am just saying that people sometimes delay things for reasons.

Patience was never my strong point. I would be surprised though if they did not have some kind of backup plan. Would it not have been reckless to go in to this without one?
 
The answer will not be "ok, we'll scrap the plan and pretend it had never happened".

If it is the case, I would challenge the board on their judgement if they give up the plan just like that.

My children do not go there so I am not emotionally attached to the plan. I am just being objective. If all along they said the move is unavoidable and it's the only solution, they can't just do away with it without an alternative plan.

So if you are looking for one answer which is "no, we are not moving" and nothing else, I think you might be disappointed. But again, I maybe wrong.



Patience was never my strong point. I would be surprised though if they did not have some kind of backup plan. Would it not have been reckless to go in to this without one?
 
The truth is am not looking for any answer just an answer. So that we can move on and make our choices.

Even if they say no to MOS which I serioulsy doubt they will I am not sure I want to stay due to the actions of the board and the complete mess they have made of the whole thing.

It still makes me laugh that the principal thinks that parents should check the website for information on the school as opposed to hearing it from the school itself and that supposedly GSIS has the worst parents he has ever encountered.

Go figure!!
 
Not making it up if that is what you are asking.

This was on the evening of the vote and he also went on to say why we could not be like the parents of the French school who had no issues with their new location. No wonder the parents of the French school have no issues have you seen the place? It is great and on HK Island and being refurbished.

Why did we not go for this site I aks myself
 
If he said that, then he must be as frustrated as the parents.

Not making it up if that is what you are asking.

This was on the evening of the vote and he also went on to say why we could not be like the parents of the French school who had no issues with their new location. No wonder the parents of the French school have no issues have you seen the place? It is great and on HK Island and being refurbished.
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top