genome,
Don't get me wrong. I never meant that we are supposed to keep our mouths shut and voice no opinion. Having discussion is great and that's why I keep on talking even though many people may not share my views. But there is one thing that I hope will not happen tonight. I hope that everybody will keep his or her emotion under control. Any shouting and finger-pointing will not help and we must avoid doing so.
The truth is I will go along with whatever the Board decides. If they think it's in the best interest of the school to move to MOS, I will go along with it. If they think it's no longer the case because of a change of circumstances, I have no objection either. I have considered the matter carefully but I feel that I am not in a position to make a better judgement of the school than the Board. So long as they are doing all these in good faith and with their best abilities, I have no problem. My only concern is whether the school's standard will remain the best or at least among the best in HK. So I will keep monitoring the quality of education and the public results achieved by the pupils. If there is a deteriorating trend, I will jump ship no matter what. I send my kids to GSIS because I want them to have the best education available in HK. That's the only reason.
By the way, not only the requisitionists have a choice of leaving the school, everybody has the choice if they are not happy with the outcome including the 41.45% of the respondents who voted against the move in the survey, the 38.2% who voted for it, the 18.81% who left it to the Board to make the decision, the vast majority who failed to respond and even the Board members could resign. So nobody is permanent except perhaps the school. Looking at it from this angle, it's the best interest of the school that's important because there will be a lot of students coming in long after our kids left.
Don't get me wrong. I never meant that we are supposed to keep our mouths shut and voice no opinion. Having discussion is great and that's why I keep on talking even though many people may not share my views. But there is one thing that I hope will not happen tonight. I hope that everybody will keep his or her emotion under control. Any shouting and finger-pointing will not help and we must avoid doing so.
The truth is I will go along with whatever the Board decides. If they think it's in the best interest of the school to move to MOS, I will go along with it. If they think it's no longer the case because of a change of circumstances, I have no objection either. I have considered the matter carefully but I feel that I am not in a position to make a better judgement of the school than the Board. So long as they are doing all these in good faith and with their best abilities, I have no problem. My only concern is whether the school's standard will remain the best or at least among the best in HK. So I will keep monitoring the quality of education and the public results achieved by the pupils. If there is a deteriorating trend, I will jump ship no matter what. I send my kids to GSIS because I want them to have the best education available in HK. That's the only reason.
By the way, not only the requisitionists have a choice of leaving the school, everybody has the choice if they are not happy with the outcome including the 41.45% of the respondents who voted against the move in the survey, the 38.2% who voted for it, the 18.81% who left it to the Board to make the decision, the vast majority who failed to respond and even the Board members could resign. So nobody is permanent except perhaps the school. Looking at it from this angle, it's the best interest of the school that's important because there will be a lot of students coming in long after our kids left.
Happy hour I hear you re the commuting times and not to be rude but the examples you have given are where people have chosen these times and not had the times forced on them. You have also chosen places where education is still a privelage and not a right. In Hong Kong the education of our children is our right as parents and we have a right and an obligation as parents to be involved in this education and it would be remiss of us just to farm it out to a board without voicing an opinion if something they were doing did not seem right.
You mention trusting the board at this present time I don't. I am worried that they may do something reckless due to the fact that they feel they have no choice and it would be wrong of me as a parent and a member of the GSIS community to allow this to happen without saying anything. They have already closed of the transparency of the vote by asking it to go to ballot. Is this not all about openess and discussion?about parents having the ability to make choices?
It seems to me that if MOS goes ahead you will go along with it I wish you all the best if you decide to do this. I however won't in that I will not be dictated to by a board that has no interest in the views of the parents for whose interests they are meant to be looking out for.