Under priority one but no intervew at ESF

Wegetable, thank you for making me feel better. I do wish the offer to my child could happen very soon....

TheQuasimother, its really a very tough year to get into KJS. Perhaps I should say we're lucky my child is on the 2nd on the list.

As I heard those waitlisted for Shatin Junior School starts receiving the offers. I felt sorry I didn't apply for SJS which was our original catchment zone before we moved to Ho Man Tin this month. : (

I talked to the admission team of Kowloon Junior School that if it is likely for us being offered a place to any ESF school which is possibly out of our catchment zone? They replied that there is still a possibility. However, they 're unable to confirm or guarantee this until April......

Good luck to all.
 
Just on the issue of QBS. My daughter is in P2 there... one of her classmates has a sister who didn't get an interview OR waitlisting for an interview because of the oversubscription. Not all siblings get priority. It would seem QBS is extremely oversubscribed this year, and even more worrying it will probably be worse next year thanks to the year of the golden pig in 2007.
My advice would be to keep in contact with the principal there to try and keep your child at the forefront of their minds. Good luck!
 
Just on the issue of QBS. My daughter is in P2 there... one of her classmates has a sister who didn't get an interview OR waitlisting for an interview because of the oversubscription. Not all siblings get priority. It would seem QBS is extremely oversubscribed this year, and even more worrying it will probably be worse next year thanks to the year of the golden pig in 2007.
My advice would be to keep in contact with the principal there to try and keep your child at the forefront of their minds. Good luck!

This girl must be a Cantonese speaker then in Cat 2, and indeed they still have Cat 1 children on the waiting list. In Cat 2 you don't have much of a chance this year.
 
Here is an update from my initial post. I applied 3 schools for P1. GSIS we didn't get in, well I knew that, they picked 440 kids to interview for only 12 spots, the odd just wasn't great. I asked QBS this week and as now we are within the top 15 on the waiting list and their class is currently full. Went for KCIS interview, no luck there either. I can't even imagine going through another year like this, so stressful. Starters and Woodland has a waiting list going already for P1. I was told that admission for IS will be even greater the next two years because of 2007 golden pig year. At this point, don't even know if our kid has a school to go to this September.
 
Oh no, wegetable, so sorry to hear the difficulty that you have encountered. And with the expats from Japan flooding HK the odds of having a good IS to go to is near impossible at this point. My suggestion is to look into those less popular, Delia, American and etc... I know they are not on anyone's favorite list but at least you can get your kid's education going and keep in line with the education system that is appropriate for his age. The last thing you want is that a seat become available in a year or 2 and then are told that your kid won't be considered because he missed proper education for some time. Just something that is a real school for the next little while is better than nothing. And do it fast!
 
Here is an update from my initial post. I applied 3 schools for P1. GSIS we didn't get in, well I knew that, they picked 440 kids to interview for only 12 spots, the odd just wasn't great. I asked QBS this week and as now we are within the top 15 on the waiting list and their class is currently full. Went for KCIS interview, no luck there either. I can't even imagine going through another year like this, so stressful. Starters and Woodland has a waiting list going already for P1. I was told that admission for IS will be even greater the next two years because of 2007 golden pig year. At this point, don't even know if our kid has a school to go to this September.

QBS just had their 2nd round of P1 interviews, so if you didn't get one of those, I would say chances are quite slim. You would have to wait and see if people may last minute changes to other schools who haven't confirmed yet. I know quite a few people with non-guaranteed interviews (1st round) and they were all offered a place early March after the payments were due. Hence the reason they started interviewing a second lot (but probably non-guaranteed at this point as well).
 
Thanks for the info MommyTo3, I thought it is about that time for the 2nd interview, that was why I contacted QBS. All they said to me was they are all full, at least now I know now they already conducted their 2nd round interview. I know my chance is even slimmer now.
 
Hi Wegetable,

DId you ever consider living in the NT? There is an excellent International School in Hong Lok Yuen (www.hlyis.edu.hk) which might have a spot for your kids. Living out here is relaxed and you can be in central within 1 hour by public transport (not to mention the space you get for your HKD)
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top