symptoms

Hi girls,

My period started this afternoon, just called the doctor to make an appointment in 2 weeks time, and start taking Progynova 3 times from tomorrow onwards. So I am on my FET cycle officially!!

MayC, how did your ET go? How are you feeling? Share with us if you are feeling any different from your last.

I am quite excited too, this cycle will just make it in time for me to get my results before I go away for my holiday.

How are the rest of the girls?

Hope everyone is well and good luck to all us!
 
Yes, we (women) tend to want total control over everything...hehe..and you are right Kazbo, I stopped reading for a day, and I didn't think about it much and felt more at ease with the decision, which is what Dr Lo recommended anyways, to go for the HSG.
Although I am wondering if I am passing too many eggs on the blocked side, would it accumulate inside the tube and cause more blockage/fluid build-up? Because I remember Dr Lo said he wouldn't recommend IUI if the HSG shows that my tube is still blocked. I am planning to call his office on Monday to clarify that.
We currently live in Xiamen, China, so we will have to fly to HK on the first few days of my period to prepare for the HSG. If you don't mind me asking, on what day did you start your injectibles for the IUI when you had eggs from both sides? And how many matured eggs did you have?

Tks,
ss
 
I think the general rule is you have a scan on day 2 of your period to check there are no cysts and that your lining is correct thickness before starting injections on day 3. I also had various blood tests so that they could ascertain the dosage for the injections. I had definitely two mature follicles, possibly 3. It's not possible to know for sure with IUI as they don't retrieve them.

Glad you are feeling less confused!
 
Hi MayC

So glad that it went well! And glad you are feeling OK. Try not to think too negatively about what will happen afterwards - just assume it will work. There is nothing you can do now and it is all in the lap of the gods. If it doesn't work out you can deal with that if and when it happens.

Just think about all the people you know for whom the FET worked when the 1st cycle didn't (I for one know several). I'm sure it will work.

Don't forget your progesterone levels are good too so that is a good sign.

So good that you can find out so quickly - at least you don't have a long wait. And we are here to make the next few days as smooth as possible for you.

Courage! You can do it....
 
I don't have any personal experience or knowledge but if it was me I would probably wait till Monday. Firstly because you will get a better indication of how viable the pregnancy is (as low beta scores can result in miscarriage). Secondly the waiting won't be so bad as you will be on holiday. Thirdly - it's only 3 days! You want it to be correct when you get that BFP, don't you!

I have a bit of a quandary too. In the last few days my husband has decided to transfer back to the UK and is pushing for a September date for us to leave. Apart from that fact we've just found out that the dog has to stay here for 6 months after getting a blood test (which adds additional issues), there is the more pressing issue of our IVF.

We are thinking we should probably wait till we get to the UK and then get onto a waiting list for NHS treatment while I am still young enough. If the waiting list is long we will maybe do one private try in the meantime.

Do you think this is the right decidion or should we go ahead straight away in HK? I am worried that I would fail the first attempt and then not be able to use the frozen embryos because we'd suddenly be going back to the UK. It is so hard to know how soon after you can do the FET, right? It depends on your body. For example, I only did an IUI last cycle and my body is all over the place as a result.

If you have any thoughts it would be really helpful!
 
MayC, thanks so much for your advice & encourgement! I will be thinking of you this week, and lots of positive energy to you! You are almost there! and Kazbo, thanks for sharing your IUI experience with me, that really helps!
I am pretty sure that I am getting the HSG done this month after AF (which should come in a week), then if possible, I'd like to do my first medicated IUI with Dr Lo at the same time, will keep you girls posted.
Hkiegal, good luck on your treatment too!
 
Kazbo,
I am not sure where you are in your treatment, except that you had your IUI on your last cycle. I am thinking that there are still 3-4 months before September, and maybe you could do an IVF in HK before you head back? (Again, not sure how much it cost in the UK, so don't know if that would make sense). Also, since your dog has to stay behind for another 6 months, is it possible/would you consider staying here with your dog and let your husband go back to the UK first? If that's something you'd consider, then maybe he can save up some swimmers at the lab b4 he leaves? Finally, if you really have to go back after your 1st IVF, and IF it didn't work, you may be able to transport your frozen embryos back to the UK for further usage. I have heard that being done b4 (over the internet), but will need to look into it further.
These are just my thoughts, I hope it doesn't confuse you more.
Best of luck to you on making the decision!
SS
 
Thanks SS

I suggested the same to my husband but he thinks it will be cheaper to leave the dog alone in kennels for two months than to pay for both of us to have an apartment in different countries at the same time. He is probably right.

I am tempted to push to try one IVF and I think I will ask the nurse about flying back the embryos. Sounds dangerous...

However I convinced my husband of the need to go back to the UK for NHS IVF treatment so if we end up paying full whack over here for it privately he will probably not be very happy!

Btw, the cost for IVF here is $75,000 or so depending on drugs. Which is the same as doing it back in the UK privately.

Oh and I've just had one IUI but we've decided to go for IVF now as it is my husband's bad morphology that is the problem and success rates are much improved with IVF for this problem.
 
Hi MayC

Yes, we have decided that that is the best option - going private as soon as we get settled. It makes me very nervous as time is ticking by and my eggs are not getting any younger! But hey - can't be helped.

Of course I will still check up on your girls - though will hopefully have moved onto new threads about nappies before long.

The forums in the UK are so full of people they are very daunting and cliquey and no-one replies to your posts... :-(
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top