Stop Gap - Bi-lingual K3 until P1 available

0ze_Kid1

Super Moderator
From discussions it looks like DD is not going to get into a Primary School in time for the new school year. As she is on the cusp of the cut off for P1 so I am not too concerned that she hasn't gotten a place but also know that she needs to keep her mind (and mouth) running all the time.

We have been offered a K3 (which teaches P1 curriculum) place in a bi-lingual program (until a place becomes available in the international program) at Kindy. She is Caucasian and has been doing Mandarin School for the past 12 months but is by no means fluent in it. I am told that the class has an English and Chinese teacher and that the teaching is split half and half. It is a full school day.

The other option is a K2 program for older children which we have also been offered. So more play based and is only 3 hours a day. I have been told by one of the schools that we are on the wait list for that this will be OK for her to go into their K2 program (as I said, she is on the cusp and this school cut off means she wouldn't start P1 until next Sept anyway) if a place becomes available.

Has anyone put their child into a K3 or any bi-lingual program? I should add that they are both at international schools. What are your thoughts?

Many thanks in advance. It is all such a struggle to sort out!
 
Oze,

What a tough decision! You know your daughter the best.
Do you think she'd be ok in K2 or does she need to be challenged a bit? Girls are definitely more mature than boys and I would think she'd be fine in K3. What time does school end in K3, 3pm or 5pm?
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top