ok ladies, advice please, school closures...

i like the temp reading as they enter idea...i already ask them not to bring sick kids to class, but some parents jsut don't get it...
 
Kids Gallery got some unwanted press today in SCMP... have had to suspend their classes.
 
And, the temp idea is good in theory and most schools I have been to do this as well as disinfect hands before entering the school, but someone can still have the virus without the temp. Personally, think of your reputation - it takes a long time to build and a short time to destroy.
 
Learning Centre isn't the only playgroup open. Baby Buddies centres are open too as they aren't affected by the education centres forced to close as a result of H1N1.
 
Just send an email out with your precautions and I'd turn sick children away i.e. kids with a cough or runny nose on top of temperature checks. It's a personal choice if they (parents) want their child to attend or not. They are with a carer anyway so they each would take their own precautions e.g. washing hands before and after class, disinfecting hands. It's not like at a kinder where kids are on their own and being looked after by just one or two teachers.
 
What about still charging students but allowing make up classes for up to 6 weeks when school returns - they use them or forfeit them and must book into a different lesson prior so that you can keep numbers under check? I know that it will mean more work (maybe hire a temp?) - just a thought and I am happy to "temp" if you need the help. I will only charge some yummy yum cha in return!

Or, charging half price to "keep the place"?

I also think going forward you should not be not charging in cases such as this or black rain etc. Have either one of the above policies in place.

I know that you are not in it for the money but you are helping to feed a family and run a small business. Kindy and the like keep all your money - so stop bucking the norm!

PS: Sorry if this has already been suggested. Am reading the other responses now
 
ok, so still waiting for the gov't announcement although i would bet money they are going to extend the closure.

what i've decided to do is this:

1) extend one more week
2) offer parents their original spaces plus make-up classes tht need to be used up by sept 1
3) i'm opening extra classes to deal with the make-ups
4) asking parents again to keep children with coughs or runny noses out of school
5) split toys into two so that while kids are playing with one set, the others are being cleaned and sanitised...the next class is given the cleaned toys
6) will ask parents to ensure kids wash their hands when the come into the class

do you think that is reasonable?
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top