No school for us, any suggestion for temporary situation in Hong Kong?

Victoria Shanghai Academy will have an open day on 16/5. Go and see the school, teachers and students. For those who have a concern on Chinese language learning, they have extra support.
 
thanks old cat...unfortunately still overseas but am there later this month so will probably organise a tour...
 
pow wow - your 10 and 8 year old have a much better chance of getting into the school of your choice. It is usually the entry years that we all struggle with.

I know someone who has an 11 year old and she got into Discovery College straight away. She isn't even living here yet! Had an interview over a weekend and flew back to the UK. She will start in Sept. Once they are in a school your 5 year old is likely to get sibling preference which will mean a lower number on the list. They can do a K3 program (is is usually at a kindy and not primary school but they do the Primary 1 program at most) until a place becomes available.
 
Victoria Shanghai Academy has already closed their application deadline. I tried International Montessori school, and looking for some suggestions.
 
Thanks Oze_Kid. That is good to hear. For some reason, I thought it would be harder for the older kids. In the process of putting a few applications in but our arrival is still pretty much in the air at the moment, so all a bit messy.
 
Pow wow: whichever school you choose for your children, I suggest you to apply them all now. I live overseas and plan to move to Hong kong this summer. I put 4 applications down almost 9 months ago, they all turn backed no seats available although we went to Hk and passed the all the tests and interveiws....very stressful. I applied another 2 and waiting for the confirmation. Montessori Primary might be an option for your children.
 
thanks Capricorn...i have read part of your thread and pain, so understood...need to sort out the work situation first, if it is happening or not but i am putting in applications notwithstanding...
 
I just got the letter from ESF for school place reservation. Reply form needs to be in before 4 June, and payment before 19 July ... so they should know more in June, and definitely end of July.
 
thanks...seems my timing may now be delayed until next year so a bit more breathing room...will get on to it as soon as practical though...
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top