Newborn Bronchiolitis

appledai

Registered User
My 21 days newborn baby has Bronchiolitis. My heart is broken. She is too young to take medicine. I just can take shower and clear nose for her. She keeps coughing. I really hope some ways can help.
Thank you very much.
 
If she gets really bad, take her to the hospital just in case. Sometimes the little ones need to be admitted just in case. As much as we don't want our little ones to be in the hospital, if they NEED it, it's better safe than sorry. Hoping she gets better soon!! xox
 
My baby had a bad cold and cough as well at 6 weeks and the doctor we went to lent us a nebulizer to give baby some saline vapours to moisten the air. It took awhile, but it did get better. Take care!
 
Though the doctor thought it is not good to hospital but I will observe. I will use nebulizer tonight. Thanks for your replies.

Dear Heavenly Father, please have mercy on my baby.

I pray in Jesus name. Amen.
 
My LO had RSV at 8 weeks and got really sick, we ran a warm mist humidifier at night with lavender oil (a natural airway opener), as well as kept the head of her bed propped up, VICKS Baby rub (not sure if this is available in HK) on her chest, nose suction to keep airways clear and a lot of chest clapping:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/220860-chest-congestion-remedies-for-children/

The doctor also prescribed an inhaler when she got really congested. Keep a very close eye on her and if she looks like she's having difficulty breathing (skin pulls in through the rib cage when breathing in) I'd take her to the hospital right away.
 
Hi Erina. thanks for your info. did you buy that lavender oil in HK? my baby coughing seems worse. Deeply worried.
 
No I bought it in the US, but surely you can find essential lavender oil somewhere here.

If the coughing is getting worse I would take your baby back to the doctor though.
 
i'd take her back to the doctors - or perhaps A&E at QMH though the wait will be long but they do a very thorough job there once admitted. my kid went in with jaundice and is still there for some bacterial infection only because they noted a "fever' at 37.9 and then followed up with numerous tests (poor baby- he's only 2 weeks old) anyhow, long story short - they took the time to follow up on the low fever which one would probably address elsewhere...
 
I did take her to 3 doctors. but they all ask me to wait for 1-2 weeks. Though it is a huge pain to me, this seems a small case to pediatricians. Sometimes it seems nothing happened when BB slept quietly. but when she was coughing, it is like a sword into my heart. I do not want to take her to the public specially long waiting in the clinic but I will change to another pediatrician. Not sure about public hospital, I had an experience in Eastern hospital, needs to wait several hours.
 
unfortunately you are right about the long waits at the Public hospital...i waited 3 hours just to get my son admitted for jaundice, but they are very thorough and the wait is really worth it. my son is still at QMH but not for jaundice any more but a bacterial infection that they detected only from a slight fever, which would have probably gone un-noticed elsewhere. so, wait is long, but well worth it in the long run.

but since you have gotten so many opinions, i think your baby is OK - heart breaking as it is, you will probably just have to wait it out and do things that your baby enjoys or makes him comfortable....taking a bath perhaps so there is more exposure to humidity and the cough is not quite so bad?!? hope you LO feels better soon.
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top