ESF Corporate Surety Scheme

Just so that you are aware, Kowloon Junior will be under construction for the next 3 years. The school has been moved to a temporary site. My son was offered a place there and we rejected it because of this. 3 years is just too long to be placed at a holding school.
 
As usual, i really appreciate everyone's advice. School seems to be the biggest challenge in this relocation move. Some ppl (expats who are back in England) said the waiting lists generally move quickly especially during the summer time when expats receive their short notice to leave HK. I hope that is true, because my biggest fear is that come September, my boy is sitting in HK with no school enrollment whatsoever :(

Where is Kowloon Junior's temporary location going to be?

Thanks
 
It will move, for sure, but to be honest, this year seems worse than the previous years. A lot of (expat) parents would use ESF as a back up plan (I know many of them) but even that doesn't seem to work this year.
 
Can anyone please throw me some names of the 'less talked about' international schools around HK, NT and Kowloon? I have the followings in mind and curious if anyone can share what they know.

1. Korean International School (International section)
2. Kingston International School (Kowloon Tong)
3. Hong Lok Yuen International School (Tao Po)
4. anymore?

Thanks all,
V
 
American International School (Kowloon Tong)
Delia School of Canada (Taikoo Shing)
Norwegian International (Tai Po???)
Japanese International (Tai Po???, follows IB if I am not mistaken).

KIS follows British curriculum, that's about all I know.
 
Hi all again,

We are applying to following schools:

Chinese International School
French International School (int section)
ESF (Corporate Surety)

Does everyone think I should apply to a few more in order to secure one place for this September? :confused:

Between Japanese International School and Hong Lok Yuen, which one would you recommend more?

Thanks
 
CIS is so difficult to get in, I heard unless the kid is very good in both Mandarin and English, otherwise forget about it. This year is so oversubscribed, it doesn't hurt to apply more just to play safe.
 
Thanks Wegetable. We are seeking Year 3 Entry in this coming September, do you think it should be a bit easier than those competing for Reception or Year 1 Entry?
 
I doubt it will be that much easier, CIS has such has long waiting list and often they only have single digit openings if there is any. If you are applying for this Sept., isn't it kind of late to apply anywhere else at this time? CIS, FIS and ESF are very popular IS, maybe you should apply for a less popular one for backup plan??? That's how I applied for the schools, couple ones I really wanted my kids to get in and one that I think they can get in.
 
It is probably late, but I only got confirmation on my job transfer in beginning of Feb, so that's my reason. I will take your advice, expand our list and apply to the less popular schools as well.
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top