Which step to take

Welivehere

New member
I have 2 options ( my kid is wtlisted for esf, n they dont sound v hopeful)

1. Send him to woodlands harbourside for 2 years n wait for esf places, but is that hopeful enough ?
2. Try delia school of canada ? ( they hv places, but then i hv to move the file from esf wtlist in glenealy to Quarry bay school ).

Can anybody pls gv suggestions ? Thanks ...
 
If I have to pick one of the 2, then i'd pick #2.

If I could pick something else the I'd send my kid to a local school where they can learn an extra language.
 
I've mentioned this in a couple of other threads already, but have you tried Island Christian Academy which is a new primary school opening in August on Bridges Street in Central? I'm not sure if P1 is full now as applications started in around Feb and interviews are apparently completed, but I do know that some other Glenealy catchment children who couldn't get places will be going there. ICA is affiliated with Small World Christian Kindergarten.
 
Which local schools

Hi can u give any suggestions ... As to which local schools ? KCIS dont hv seats.

Also, any feedback on delia ? Its too far from mid levels ... Any sense moving to taikoo shing area ?

If I have to pick one of the 2, then i'd pick #2.

If I could pick something else the I'd send my kid to a local school where they can learn an extra language.
 
Hi

Yeah we tried, but no seats there yet.


I've mentioned this in a couple of other threads already, but have you tried Island Christian Academy which is a new primary school opening in August on Bridges Street in Central? I'm not sure if P1 is full now as applications started in around Feb and interviews are apparently completed, but I do know that some other Glenealy catchment children who couldn't get places will be going there. ICA is affiliated with Small World Christian Kindergarten.
 
Why would you look at QBS if you're waitlisted at Glenealy. If you stay where you are and your child goes to Delia by bus you don't need to move to QBS catchment, just because your child goes to Delia (and therefore change your application from Glenealy to QBS). Midlevels to Taikoo is not that far. Also changing wait lists may only slow down your chances of getting in. QBS has a long list as well, especially in Y1 and 2.

I would go with Delia. Problem is with all those P1 programs that there is no guarantee there will be a spot after P1 (or even P2), so you'd better be in a school where they can continue as long as needed without having to worry about next summer.
 
Hi can u give any suggestions ... As to which local schools ? KCIS dont hv seats.
KCIS is not a local school.

If you wish to consider local schools you can find information here:
EDB - Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Education

You should contact them quickly and they can help you with options. There are many local schools available on the Island and this can be an opportunity for your LO to learn an extra language.
 
I would go with Delia at least you can still continue up if the wait is longer than expected. I am in the same situation. I have wait list my girl at ESF Beacon Hill, she will be age 5 in Sept. Delia wants to see her June report at ESF Wu Kai Sha, K2 before final decision is made to admit her for Pre G1 classB. So hopefully that will work out or plan B is Tutor Time Kindy, K3 class for one year.
 

About this archive

This is an archive of over 20 years of GeoBaby and GeoSchools knowledge and discussions, kept online as a read-only reference.

Back
Top